As a manager you will create strategies and achieve results. You are at the helm of a company that should make a difference in the market with unique products and service packages. Success depends on factors such as purchasing strength, logistics and, most importantly, personnel that can work both as individuals and in teams.
Management is about a personal style, a cool head, efficient communication, and playing your cards right. Management also concerns attracting, keeping and developing good personnel to be able to achieve excellent results - an increased bottom line.
NORMALLY WE FOCUS ON:
- Understanding productive management time - what are my responsibilities, and what are my main tasks?
- Evaluating the individual anager's performance and focus
- Establishing if managers prioritise their time properly
- Developing a personal managerial style
- Ensuring common approaches to management
- Identifying the individuals' strengths and areas for development
- Increasing and strengthening the productive management time for planning, managing, developing and motivate personnel in their daily tasks
- To make the individual manager aware of their management style and how to improve relevant areas
- Identifying ethics and morale in the managerial role
- Strengthening the manager as a communicator
- Getting a clear image of what good management is
- Being aware of how to use strengths and with them achieve excellent results
- Being aware of how communication is a means for achieving a high level of motivation
- Knowledge of your own managerial style - including development areas
- The ability to use values or game rules in everyday life to achieve excellent results
- The ability to communicate attitudes, messages and game rules
- The ability to meet and resolve the challenges that continuously occur
THIS TRAINING IS INTENDED FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO:
- Be able to identify their own and other people's typology and target actions thereafter
- Be able to structure their managerial time
- Achieve excellent results together with and through others
- Increase competency and commitment in themselves and others
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:
We recommend a maximum of 12 people per team.